It seems so simple and straightforward just grabbing a cold bottle of water or takeaway coffee when you’re on the go. It’s convenient and ‘what’s the big deal anyway’, right? Wrong. Although it isn’t always avoidable, it’s so much easier and less expensive investing in a reusable water bottle or coffee cup that you can take with you on your daily errands or into the office.
Apart from reusable bottles being better for our environment, they’re also so much safer and more hygienic, especially during this pandemic. Think of the journey of your takeaway coffee cup, and the lid you put your mouth to. When you use your own, you know where it has come from.
Let’s talk a bit about the benefits of using Reusable Cups:
- You’re helping reduce the production of bottled beverages, thereby reducing the bottle’s landfill and recycling burden.
- Switching to a reusable water bottle decreases the oil used, greenhouse gasses emitted, and bottles thrown away, reducing pollution on several levels.
- Less pollution in our oceans.
- They keep your water cold and your warm beverages hot for longer!
- They’re BPA free!
- They’re so easy to clean!
- They’re super cute, and not that it matters, but they’re also trending hard at the moment! We love it when eco-friendly trends take off.
- You’ll be replacing single-use disposable water bottles. Nearly 80% of these water bottles end up in landfills, which will take over 500 years to break down.
Our Sol Glass Cups are an investment and are so worth every cent. They are available in various sizes – some perfect for hot beverages and then others used for water. It’s as simple as replacing single-use plastic with a glass cup that can be taken everywhere with you. And you can even ask your local Barrista at your favourite coffee shop to skip using their takeaway cup and to use yours! They secretly love it when you do that.
Written By Kerry Engelen